One of the many regulation requirements and something that just tickles my fancy is adding a banner when you’re logging into a system.
In this case, I just like to see a message when I open a new terminal.
This is a super simple process and very similar to the previous Kali Tips, link HERE.
We are going to add a line to the .bashrc file again so that when you open a new terminal a message pops up!
Here are the steps!
- nano ~/.bashrc
Scroll to the bottom of the file
- echo ‘Authorized Use Only; EVERYTHING IS LOGGED’
- Hit Enter
That’s all it takes!
Read all the entries in this series!
- Reinstall Grub Bootloader on a Dual boot laptop Kali Tips #1
- Automatically Log Terminal Kali Tips #2
- Add Message to Terminal Kali Tips #3
- Code Editor Kali Tips #4
- Convert MSG to PDF Kali Tips #5
- Run Metasploit Module One Liner Kali Tips #6
- Check External IP Kali Tips #7
- Search Packages in Common Package Managers Kali Tips #8