There are so many books that are amazing, useful and/or interesting when it comes to offensive security! That said, I’ve put some of my favorites into a list.
These are not in any particular order but I’d suggest reading the Security+ Book first and going from there. Number 11 is a bonus since it doesn’t provide any technical information but is still very interesting (in my opinion)
I’ll probably make another post with even more essential books in the near future! Remember these are just a few! If I missed one you think should be included, comment below!
- Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
- The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook: Finding and Exploiting Security Flaws
- Rtfm: Red Team Field Manual
- Advanced Persistent Threat Hacking: The Art and Science of Hacking Any Organization
- Gray Hat Hacking: The Ethical Hacker’s Handbook, Fifth Edition
- CompTIA Security+ Study Guide: Exam SY0-501
- Web Hacking 101
- Black Hat Python: Python Programming for Hackers and Pentesters
- Blue Team Field Manual (BTFM)
- The Complete Privacy & Security Desk Reference: Volume I: Digital (Volume 1)
- Ghost in the Wires: My Adventures as the World’s Most Wanted Hacker